Behind the Scenes at Barrow Hill Veterinary Hospital
- Our large reception area is divided into 2 main
spaces so that it is possible for dogs and cats
to sit separately in the waiting areas.
We have a friendly team of receptionists available to help with booking appointments for consultations and operations.
- All of our consultation rooms are air conditioned. An up to date computer system links all of our surgeries, at the touch of a button. This gives us access to all of your pets records whenever you call and whichever branch you are from.
- Our operating theatres are only used for
This means that they are kept in the high state
of cleanliness necessary for the
maintenance of a sterile environment.
The high intensity lighting and up to date surgical equipment enables our surgical team to perform all manner of operations such as more complex orthopaedic and soft tissue surgeries.
- The prep room is the hub of the hospital.
All of our patients are prepared for surgery here.
This is where we take blood samples and put animals on drips when necessary.
- Diagnostic imaging is an important part
of most investigations.
This is where we can look into the patient
without resorting to surgery.
We can use endoscopes to look inside
organs, such as the stomach,
into joints and up noses.
A dedicated x-ray suite and an RCVS certified radiologist enable us to produce high quality images, to use in conjunction with our ultrasound machine.
- Whether your pet needs to stay in
for the day or for a month,
they will be as comfortable as possible
in our air-conditioned kennels.
We have separate wards for dogs and cats,
to minimise stress.
The dog wards have kennels big enough for a Great Dane as well as cosy enough for a Yorkshire Terrier!
- In keeping with our ideals, to provide cutting edge facilities at our hospital, in Ashford, we have been using laparoscopy (keyhole surgery) with increasing frequency.
Thank you to an incredible team for looking after Chester over the last 8 days. The care for him and support for us has been amazing. We both think you are all wonderful.
Chester has settled at home this evening and Ruby is very happy to have him at home.
C & M. Wright
Cannot fault you for all you did for Millie, I took comfort knowing she was in such caring hands & that everything possible was done to help her by each member of your awesome team she encountered.
Our family have been with Barrow Hill with our entire menagerie since the practice was Sambrooks, always receiving top notch service & treatment. Have no intention of changing , 100% recommended!